16 November, 2009

I am infested by ant

Not by ants, although there seems to be an inexhaustible supply. Every day or so, when I come into the kitchen or the bathroom, a single ant appears in the middle of the counter. After the first time or two, I now look carefully when I come into the room. Nothing. Then I look away and when I look back -- one single, totally unaccompanied ant.

This is where the loophole in my "respect for a great number of creatures" kicks in, and I smite the evil thing. For the rest of the time I'm in the room, no other ants.

Sometimes I feel like Pinocchio after he kills the cricket and the ghost of the thing comes back. Yes, I KNOW that's not how Disney did the story, but I'd read the book first and that's what stuck in the head. And I am not going to subject you to the monstrous digression/diatribe/rant/polemic that deals with the many, many distortions/rewrites/historical inaccuracies/downright lies that the Disney people have been dispensing for generations.

If Lydia were here, she could tell the ant to go back and tell its friends to go somewhere else. But I'm here and she's there and that's our world at the moment.

And yes, I have sprayed environmentally neutral ant killing/repelling stuff all over the place, and........ no change.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home